Poll: What should we do to the SPAS-12?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Decrease damage
19.18%
14 19.18%
Decrease range
13.70%
10 13.70%
Decrease both damage AND range
10.96%
8 10.96%
Leave it the way it is
56.16%
41 56.16%
Total 73 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Update on Server Development - 7/22/19
For the past two weeks, development has been slow due to real life and personal reasons. We're sorry about that and we're going to be communicating more often with all of you through these development updates.

We will be re-releasing Update 2.6.3 before the month of July ends at the latest, depending on if all goes well. This update will address some of the FPS issues (more on this below) and adding changes back that people have been requesting ever since we reverted along with fixing some issues and changing some things. We'll also be sharing some of the changes that we intend on having in this update as a teaser for what's to come along with giving some insight on what we're doing.

I will also be hosting a Q/A and I will answer any question if it's relevant to the topic at hand. Please ask any questions in a comment below and I will reply.

A full changelog will be available when the update goes live. For now, here's a few changes / pieces of info on highly talked about things:

Inconsistent Interior Markers
We've fixed the issue where it would take multiple attempts to enter / leave an interior, from what we can tell.

Video Preview: https://streamable.com/aotsk

Spawning with Beer / Cigar
We identified an issue where players would spawn without any weapons in Grove Street holding a Beer / Cigar when dying to a natural explosion while in a vehicle spawned by /v - this has been fixed. On a side note, players will also no longer be able to spam /v in order to avoid dying.

Low FPS
Frame rate issues stem from poorly optimized scripting from 2011 - 2015. There isn't much we can do in the short-term to help improve FPS outside of trying some changes which we've implemented in this update. However, we intend on completely re-writing most of the code in our upcoming major update. There is no estimated release date for this.

Assassin / Reaper Bombs
We've changed bombs back to how they used to be in this server's early days. There is no longer an animation for planting a bomb and you can immediately detonate it upon planting it. For balancing measures, we've increased the cooldown in between using /bomb again. We'll keep an eye on feedback.

Video Preview: https://streamable.com/borwy

Chainsaws
We are going to be making changes to Chainsaws as they're currently too strong for weapon_config syncing. Details on this when the update goes live.

The SPAS-12
We're currently looking at options on how to handle the SPAS-12 and how effective it is with weapon_config syncing. We've had a good amount of complaints on how "overpowered" the SPAS-12 is. We'll leave a poll up on what you, the community, want to do with it. We will go with the most popular choice - please vote above.
Sleepy
tbh fire used to fuck me everytime with spas and thats so annoying, if you nerf it he gonna killhimself, leave it the way its, Just decrease damage of chainsaw
Tennis High Club
I do appreciate how /bomb used to work when it first introduced. I am glad it's changing back to that again. I also agree increasing the cooldown of /bomb is a good way to make it balance.
Currently: RM's Sovietnik, TA's Mr Awesome || Formerly: ~~
Many thanks to Borli for the avatar!!!
[Image: lHcDTXU.jpg]
SPAS-12 should not be touched. It is not overpowered. There are some bigger things that require changing instead of SPAS-12.
Team Awesome
Russkaya Mafiya
 Inactivity:2015.-2016.
Ex Staff.
In-game name: [TA]Cobra[RM]
Spas should not be changed, but if you're gonna nerf it, please nerf the damage. Nerfing range will fuck up RC clanwars.
(07-23-2019, 07:31 AM)Cobra Wrote: SPAS-12 should not be touched. It is not overpowered. There are some bigger things that require changing instead of SPAS-12.
Make changes to spas and that's it, you killed the server
Spas12 is overpowered but people here play with spas all the time, this means they don't want changes in it ofc. Anyways, what is funny in be killed in 1 second with spas? 

I would low the dmg

People who played in old lscnr were used to skinhit sync, where the spas dmg isn't like it's now (because all shoots weren't registered) so what's the problem of low it a bit? U can litetally kill a Guy in 1 second in short  range with spas actually
(07-23-2019, 09:55 AM)republicanparty Wrote: Spas12 is overpowered but people here play with spas all the time, this means they don't want changes in it ofc. Anyways, what is funny in be killed in 1 second with spas? 

I would low the dmg

People who played in old lscnr were used to skinhit sync, where the spas dmg isn't like it's now (because all shoots weren't registered) so what's the problem of low it a bit? U can litetally kill a Guy in 1 second in short  range with spas actually
with that previous sync , people with high ping ( over 200 ) got a huge advantage  and they were taking less hits & the chance of people using lag.cs was high as well , let's just stick with this sync .
also , there's chainsaw which is a big pain in the ass that should be removed and not spas .
stii ce zic
"SPAS12 IS NOT OVERPOWERED" - all spas retards

not overpowered?? noobsters u win 50m ranged fights against deagle even when I hit every shot with deagle and u don't hit every shot with spas

I believe you should add up all 3 votes on nerfing spas and compare that to 4th vote

also not to forget pinnoys who dont take stun and just use spas

like bryce for example but he also used aimbot lul
Thread Closed